Pharmaceutical labels are getting smart
One of the most important tasks of pharmaceutical labels is to convey information - and this is increasingly done with digital or sensor-based support. With technologies such as NFC chips, e-paper displays and printable sensors, simple adhesive labels become smart labels.
The smart labels fulfil several functions and become a design element. The labels can make it easier for patients to handle medicines correctly and provide medicines with detailed and tailored instructions. This improves adherence to therapy, safety during use and interaction with the user.
What benefits do smart labels offer
- Support for the intuitive use of medicines
- The application is simplified/supported
- Safety in the application of the medicine
- Possibility for consumers to interact with the product
- Added value of the medicinal product for the patient/user
- Optimal use of the available communication space
- Differentiation from the competition